We will discussing Russia and identifying rocks and minerals in class today.
If you want to see our photos from the field trip last week, use the word “posters” and push enter. Then click on the post again and it should show up for you.
Homework to prepare for this class period
1. Read Russia chapter of Prisoners of Geography. Pay especially close attention to the sections about Crimea and the Ukraine.
2. Get about 2/3 of the way through A Woman In the Polar Night.
3. Watch Geography Now Russia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8zAbdYx9SU
4. Massive world conflict is developing in Russia this week. To understand why, first watch this video about Alexei Navalny. Then, watch this video about the Russia/Ukraine crisis. Then, go on google news and see what’s happening in Russia today. Write a paragraph summary of what is happening with this evolving situation on the Russia/Ukraine border.
5. Watch this video about the rock cycle.
6. Don’t forget to keep practicing your Asia map on Seterra! We will be back to this map during our Mideast class section.
Watch Most Dangerous Ways to School Russia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HXXJg4vDF8&t=98s